Airfoil is one of those standout applications you come across sometimes.
What it does is allow you to send any audio from your computer via wireless to any other computer (PC or Mac), Apple TV or Airport Express. It works with any application that plays music in your computer.
Syncing is both easy and fast. The clear GUI will list up all the devices that you can sync to, and all you have to do is activate them and set the volume and equalizer. That means you can pretty much listen to your music anywhere. Rogue Amoeba have really succeeded in making a program which is efficient, useful and very easy to use.
The download also includes Airfoil Speakers, which basically turns any PC or Mac into an Airport Express unit which can then receive audio from the Airfoil of another computer.
On the help side, the Rogue Amoeba team is known to offer great support and respond quickly to user queries.
Naturally though, if your wireless connection is poor, then Airfoil will perform poorly, so make sure your WiFi is well set.
Airfoil is a smart and intuitive program, to sync music wirelessly to any computer, Airport Express or Apple TV.
- Airfoil Speakers now has full support for receiving audio from iOS 6, including metadata support.
- An Airfoil Video Player crash on Mac OS X 10.8.2 has been fixed.
- The Instant On component has been updated to version 6.0.2, fixing several small issues.
- An issue which caused a discolored stripe at the bottom of Airfoil's main window has been fixed.
- Airfoil now has an improved software update process, with automatic downloads and install on quit (based off a newer version of Sparkle).
- Audio from the WebKit application can now be captured on Mac OS X 10.8.
- The Welcome Windows for Airfoil, Airfoil Speakers, and Airfoil Video Player have been removed and replaced with manual pages.
- Airfoil Video Player now provides a more informative error when the computer is missing a DVD drive.
- Several other small bug fixes have been made.
- Good on you for reading the release notes!